When we started developing the Paška Sirana d.d. web store six years ago, our goal was to create an interesting web that would bring together those who love good cheese – the idea was to make it a kind of cheese lovers club.
The web store itself was in the background. The homepage was characterized by an animated story, which is now in the background (you can see it here), and which was supposed to tell the story of Paška Sirana in an interesting way – from the Pasian pastures to the store shelves.
You can also see this story in the video below this text.
And so the cheese lovers club existed through the years as a kind of showcase, without any sales strategy. But the time of the corona, as with many other retailers, brought the opportunity to improve online sales, for which the client engaged us for a kind of redesign and integration of additional webshop tools.
The custom WooCommerce theme we developed got a new look, i.e. a new homepage, and, as with all our web stores, each homepage element can be managed independently without programming knowledge.
Custom Developed Theme for WooCommerce
If you have been following our work, you have probably read multiple times that when developing websites and e-commerce stores we don’t use commercial WordPress templates, but instead develop our own themes. This allows us to have better predictability of website behaviour, increased stability and faster loading times. We dedicate our time to each project individually and the development of each project takes a few months, ensuring a quality result.
The homepage of the e-commerce store welovecheese.club is dynamic, and we provided the client with the ability to change content on all segments of the homepage. In the following we demonstrate both the frontend and backend segments, and how they can be edited.
On the subpages of Our story we have placed modal windows with additional content. These textual contents, in combination with pictures, the client can also edit independently:
What technologies have we used for animations?
You can see an animated story about Paška Sirana at the link Our story.
In the following, we describe several features that we have incorporated into welovecheese.club:
Integration with Sendinblue email marketing service.
We have integrated to maximize the effectiveness of web shop advertising, so that the return on investment is as high as possible. Whether it be a newsletter, loyalty, or other newsletter subscriber tracking tools, integration with the SendinBlue API enables consistent communication with existing website visitors, increasing the value of each customer.
Through the loyalty functionality we have enabled tracking of each customer’s spending, and rewarding customers according to predefined rules, depending on the amount each customer spends in the webshop. This system is fully automated and works without any need for management or maintenance.
1. Classic newsletter form – which we have integrated into the website and connected to the Sendinblue service. Every newsletter subscription is automatically recorded within the program, and users subscribed to the newsletter have the ability to manage their data. All newsletter users receive automated thank you emails, which may contain various incentives (coupon codes, catalogs, etc.).
2. Integrating the Sendinblue service with the cash register – the web form on the cash register is also integrated with the Sendinblue service. Every customer when making a purchase can decide whether they want to automatically sign up for the newsletter and receive notifications about discounted products.
3. The loyalty program within the Sendinblue service – integration with this service enabled tracking of those orders from users who accept the GDPR terms, and such users are automatically sent emails with coupons, whose amount depends on the size of the purchase (discount tiers have been set).
A custom-made popup that displays discounted products
Interconnection between products and articles with recipes
One way to create content dynamics is through (blog) articles. Among the interesting content on this website are Recipes, which include recommendations for different types of cheese.
We have extended WordPress’ native capabilities with a field where the editor can select a product to be displayed on the frontend alongside the recipe.
What else are we doing for the client Paška Sirana d.d.?
We regularly create and monitor newsletter campaigns with seasonal themes, recipe recommendations, and information about special offers and discounts.
Planning of Facebook and Instagram advertising is one of the activities we do for our client Paška Sirana d.d.. Below is an example of such a campaign, i.e. concrete ads that were active during Valentine’s Day.
In addition to the aforementioned, we intend to work on content development, search engine optimization, YouTube marketing, and new social media marketing strategies in the future.
Are you looking for an experienced agency that can help you devise web marketing and sales strategies?
Do you have a website/store that you are not happy with, that runs slow, or that “works sometimes, doesn’t work other times”?
Or do you simply have a website/store that is no longer aligned with your needs and business direction?
Reach out to us at [email protected] and write us.
- Briefly describe your needs.
- If there is a website/store that is your model in any way, please provide us with a link.
- Specify what budget you would like to invest in the project? Ignore feelings of “I’m not sure how much it costs”, just specify how much you would like to invest. Our suggestions should be tailored to your budget, anything else does not make much sense – unless your budget is unlimited.
Based on these 3 answers we will be able to provide you with a precise offer and development plan for your future website/store.